COMEDY IMPROVISATIONAL ACTING Classes
By Julie Martin Comedy Improv Teacher, Director, Performer
Julie Martin’s supportive teaching style is a deep look into mastering the foundation elements of improvisational acting. Julie, in a safe space, encourages you to trust your creative center, to trust yourself. Her 10 years of directing and performing in shows, along with 13 years of teaching experience allows her to teach the inner game of performing. She encourages you to rise to your potential, while you develop moves to strengthen your performance on stage.
Improv mastery happens within deep and present listening and taking the possibilities offered on stage. Julie teaches you to tap into your creativity and what is hidden within you. Instead of glimpsing at your ability, she encourages your daring to discover your talents. Meet your inspired and creative nature, learn to execute comedic scenes on the spot. She specializes in bringing out your confidence as you accelerate your improv skill. If you would like to up your game, or if you are a beginner looking to start, Julie will support your developing talent.
Games are used to simplify the learning process, to enable you to build flow on stage while training you to think outside the box! Mastering improv skills in a safe, supportive class environment allows you the freedom to develop confidence, savvy, spontaneity, presence and humour. Julie’s coaching and class sessions are held throughout the year in Manhattan/ Redondo/ Hermosa Beach.
Get started now with a private introductory session. Call 310-697-3674
MIXED LEVELS COMEDY IMPROV CLASS
ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS WELCOME! In this class, you will be asked to build off your partners ideas, and explore creating characters andpoints of view.
- Learn to play the scene you never expected.
- Make powerful first choices and then catch up with yourself
- Stretch yourself and increase your consistency
- Develop “on your feet” confidence.
- Sharpen core performing skills, boost communication, and up your game!
- Upgrade your public speaking, acting, teaching, and leadership
Wednesday Night IMPROV Class
When: March 6, 13, 20, 27, April 3, 10
Time: 7:00-9:30 p.m.
Where: Redondo/ Hermosa Beach
Actors, educators, and business professionals are invited to participate in a safe setting, where make-it-up comedy games encourage you to have more stage presence, be fast on your feet and more spontaneous. Find more agility as you communicate! Play, laugh and have fun as you experience some of the best communications training on the planet!
Classes taught by Jump Start Improv director Julie Martin in Manhattan Beach/ Redondo Beach. Contact Julie for details: email@example.com
Call Julie for Registration 310-697-3674
COMEDY IMPROV BOOT CAMPS And COACHING
Boot camp improv classes are are outrageously fun AND you learn! Easily addicting, they provide a break from everyday life and teach skills current in our fast-paced communications world. They are informative, a hold on to your hat ride into the world of communication, comedy, acting, team building, spontaneity and ensemble stage work.
Take a spin into the world away from your computer screen and jump into the arena of communication, scene building, and out of the box thinking that is comedy improvisational acting. Learn core performing skills, listening, and up your creative juice-guaranteed!
Boot-camp classes and skill building private coaching available to up your game!
BUSINESS IMPROVISATION for LEADERS, COMMUNICATORS, SPEAKERS
Take your professional communications skills to the next level!
- Build confidence, speaking skills, leadership skills and effectively ask for the money you deserve.
- Ask for the sale or recruit people to your cause.
- Be more persuasive, have more presence and make more of an impact in your career of choice.
- Write and prepare for your signature public speech, or be ready for your next meeting, interview, or on camera experience
- Elevate your life and career with a Private 4 week program
- Individual mentoring/coaching sessions by appointment
- Small group coaching workshops available, or on-site scheduled for your group.
PRIVATE COACHING for Improv Performers and Business Professionals
Improve your communication, up your performing skill, or elevate your career with effective on your feet communication skills. Be mentored in the areas of presence, personal power, presentation, and confidence. Be ready for your next big opportunity when it arrives.
- Private consultations are available for professionals to gain soft business skills in the areas of communication, speaking, confidence and more.
- A variety of private coaching options are available for comedy improv performers.
- Ask about our 4 week program, Elevate, to launch an uplift to your career or performance life.
Appointments Available around your schedule, contact Julie for times.